This is the program guide for Winter Fetish Fair Fleamarket® 20. It should be suitable for use on most browsers and devices. It is an instance of KonOpas, an open-source project providing conventions with easy-to-use mobile-friendly guides.
This guide will work in your browser even when you do not have an internet connection.
You can also install it as a home screen app
- Safari on iPhone/iPad
- Tap on (share), then tap Add to Home Screen.
- Chrome on Android
- Tap on (menu), then tap Add to Home Screen.
- Firefox on Android
- Tap on (menu), then tap Bookmark and select Options, and Add to Home Screen.
- IE on Windows Phone
- Tap on (menu), then tap Pin to Start
Winter Fetish Fair Fleamarket® 20
Friday - Saturday, January 10 - 11, 2003
- What Is Going On?
- Yes, the flea just got bigger again. We are moving back to the city to the Boston Park Plaza Hotel. The weekend will start with some light activities on Friday evening, including our activist roundtable discussion, and perhaps we will show a film. The heavy action starts Saturday morning when the vending areas will open, and classes begin. With the expanded facilities we will have at the Boston Park Plaza, NELA has plans to expand our classes and demos! So look for even more exciting speakers and demonstrations all day Saturday and Sunday.
- What does it cost?
- Only $10 gets you admission to both days of classes and vending. Card-carrying or club-colors wearing members of leather/fetish/SM activist organizations get in for half price, only $5 at the door. Join NELA on the spot and get the discount! (You must be 18 years of age or older. No children or infants permitted.)
- What is the Masuquerade?
- Saturday evening we will be hosting the Fetish Masquerade, a grand party in the hotel's Imperial Ballroom, featuring performances, demonstrations, and prizes for costume excellence. Food will be served, cash bar. Party tickets must be ordered in advance through the form you can download.
- What is a Discussion Group or Birds of a Feather Group?
- Would you like to lead a discussion group of or host a Birds of a Feather session? Are you part of a group who would like to hold a meeting at the fleamarket, or sponsor an event in conjunction with the weekend's activities (boat cruise, nightclub party, etc...)? Please contact FFF@nla-newengland.org. We would be happy to provide you with function space for your meeting or co-promote your event. If you would like to host a nighttime party in the hotel, book your party suite for $475 through the hotel reservations number (617-426-2000) but notify us at FFF@nla-newengland.org as well, to insure you are blocked in a party area.
- Who Will Be There?
- Everybody! Close to 3000 people attended the last weekend-long flea NELA held, and that did not include over 100 vendors and their helpers!
Discussion Groups at the Fetish Fair Fleamarket TM
- Come meet people with common interests in our discussion groups and birds of a feather sessions!
- Pony Players
Saturday, 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm in the Stuart Room
- This session is open to anyone with an interest in pony play -- from experienced show ponies, riding ponies, cart ponies, mules, owners, trainers, grooms, stable boys and girls (and barn dogs, cats, and any other friends) to folks who are just curious about this exciting and colorful team sport. Everyone is of course encouraged to wear their finery and tack. Come meet other interested folks and find out what's happening in the wide world of pony play from the participants.
- The pony play session will be moderated by La Dresseuse Maureen. She is a pony trainer for PONE, the Pony & Pet Play Organisation of New England and is one of the coordinators and trainers for Pony Camp at Leather Retreat. She brings a strong background in dance teaching and performance to the paddock.
- Married, With Children
Saturday, 3:30 - 4:30 in the Stuart Room
- Come share your stories and experiences with other parents who have an interest in fetish, SM or bondage. What did you do with your kids in order to attend the flea? Do you keep your lifestyle hidden from your kids? What challenges do you face in doing so? What happened when they found out? Do you keep your toys, videos, clothes, under lock and key? Are the issues different if you have small versus older children? Are you worried about how your choices affect them? What happens if your kids grow up to be kinky, too?
- College Students
Saturday, 3:30 - 4:30 in the Lexington Room
- This is a meet and greet for college students and grad students. Among the issues we may discuss: BDSM resources, BDSM concerns for people 30 and younger, generational conflict, finding "next-generation groups" for younger players, and organizing campus-based BDSM groups.
- Virgil, the discussion moderator, is the current vice president of Conversio Virium, the BDSM discussion and support organization of Columbia University, where he is a sophomore. He has been a member of the organization for two years, and both facilitates discussions and performs administrative work for the club.
- More discussions and affinity group meetings maybe added throughout the flea.
- Check the information desk for the latest additions!
- Want to host an affinity group meeting?
- Sign up for a function room at the information desk.
Boston Park Plaza Hotel
64 Arlington Street Boston
January 10th - 12th, 2003
- The subway system in Boston is the MBTA, called "The T."
BY T FROM THE BOSTON AREA:
- The hotel is located one short block from the Arlington T stop on the Green Line. Take any train to Park Street Station. From there, take any Outbound Green Line Train (B, C, D, or E) two stops. The second stop is Arlington. As you come up into the station from the platform level, head to your right and follow the signs to Park Plaza to exit close to the hotel. The hotel is right there, at the corner of Arlington Street and St. James Street.
- FROM THE AIRPORT:
- You have three choices from the airport:
- the T (subway) for $1
- an airport shuttle for $9
- taxi cab for $15-$20 (depending on traffic)
- BY T FROM THE AIRPORT
- Get on the free bus marked "Airport T Station" at any terminal. The bus will drop you off at the Blue Line T station. From the Airport T stop, take the Blue Line inbound to Government Center, and change to the Green Line. Take any car headed toward Park Street, and ride through Park Street, through Boylston Street, and exit at Arlington Street. Follow walking directions above.
- BY SHUTTLE VAN FROM AIRPORT
- Many different companies run continuous shuttles from the airport. Take any van that says "DOWNTOWN HOTELS" or "BOSTON HOTELS" for $9. Just tell the driver "Park Plaza" and they will deliver you to the hotel's door. These vans make multiple stops, so you might stop at other hotels first. These same vans can return you to the airport and pick up from the hotel every half hour, with no reservations needed.
- BY TAXI FROM THE AIRPORT
- Cab fare will vary depending on the traffic and time of the ride, but will generally be between $14 and $20. Tell your driver "Boston Park Plaza Hotel." It's a very well-known hotel and that should be all you have to say. Note: not all taxis in Boston are equipped to take credit cards.
- PARKING INFORMATION
- Parking at the hotel is expensive, as it is most places in Boston. If you are staying over at the hotel, valet parking is $32/day, self-parking at the Motor Mart garage across the street from the hotel is $24/day. The Motor Mart Garage also has hourly rates, beginning at $8 for the first hour, up to a maximum of $24.
- Slightly cheaper rates can be had at the Boston Common garage, which is about a two block walk:
- Daily Rates
- Up to 1 hr: $5
- Up to 2 hrs: $10
- Up to 3 hrs: $13
- Up to 12 hrs: $15
- Maximum 24 hr charge: $21
- Flat weekend rate: $9
- How to get to the Boston Park Plaza Hotel BY CAR
- From the West
- Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (Rte. 90 east) into Boston. Exit at Copley Square (exit 22) and follow straight onto Stuart St. Follow to the 5th set of lights, and turn left for the hotel.
- From the North
- Take Rt. 93 South into Boston. Exit at Cambridge/Storrow Drive (exit 26). Follow Storrow Drive towards the Back Bay. Take the Copley Square exit on the left. Take a left turn onto Beacon St., then immediately right onto Arlington St. Hotel is the 2nd building on left after the park. Turn left after the Hotel for parking.
- From the South
- Take Rte. 93 North into the city. Exit at Kneeland St./Chinatown (exit 20). Follow signs for Downtown Boston. At the lights, take a left onto Kneeland St. Follow for 6 blocks, then take a right onto Charles St. Take the 1st left to Park Plaza. The hotel is in front of you.
- From Logan Airport
- Follow signs to Sumner Tunnel/Boston. After exiting the tunnel, follow Rte. 93 North. Exit at Cambridge/Storrow Drive and follow Storrow Drive towards the Back Bay. Take Copley Square exit on left. At lights, take left onto Beacon St. Take first right onto Arlington St. Hotel is 2nd building on left after the park. Turn left after Hotel for parking.
- How to get OUT of Boston from the Boston Park Plaza Hotel By CAR
- To the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90), Westbound
- From the motor entrance, turn left onto Arlington St. The entrance to the Turnpike will be on your right, at the 1st set of lights.
- To I-93 North
- From the motor entrance bear left around the island onto Stuart St. before the set of lights. Follow Stuart St. until it turns into Kneeland St. (approx. 3 blocks). Proceed 2 blocks on Kneeland, and take a left onto Surface Rd. Follow Surface Rd. 3 blocks to signs for 93 North.
- To I-93 South
- From the motor entrance bear left around the island onto Stuart St. before the set of lights. Follow Stuart St. until it turns into Kneeland St. (approx. 3 blocks). Proceed 2 blocks on Kneeland, and the entrance to 93 South (Southeast Expressway) will be on your right.
- To Logan Airport
- From the motor entrance, bear left around the island onto Stuart St. before the set of lights. Follow Stuart St. until it turns into Kneeland St. (approx. 3 blocks). Proceed 2 blocks on Kneeland and take a left onto Surface Rd. Follow Surface Rd. 3 blocks to 93 North. On 93 North, follow signs to Logan Airport (Callahan Tunnel)
- Boston Park Plaza Hotel
64 Arlington Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116
Phone: (617) 426-2000
- The Boston Park Plaza hotel is one of the grande dames of Boston hotels. Built in 1927, and formerly a Statler hotel, the Park Plaza is centrally located in downtown Boston right by the Boston Common, close walking distance to the Theater District, Newbury Street shops, historic Beacon Hill, and Chinatown. The hotel has been undergoing renovation, and features newly redone handicapped accessible rooms, elegant ballrooms, and a multitude of small meeting rooms on the 4th floor. The hotel houses five restaurants within it, from the quick eats at Au Bon Pain to Todd English's five star "Bonfire," from the dark wood comfort of seafood restaurant McCormick & Schmicks to afternoon tea at the Swan Court.
- Call (617) 426-2000 for reservations and ask for "fetish fleamarket" to get the $99 a night room rate!
- If you are a representative of a community group or organization and would like to use your room (which you have already reserved) as a meeting place for your members, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or call 617-864-0492 and leave a message for Cecilia. That way we can insure your placement in an appropriate room, for example, along the party hallway.
- For more information on the hotel, and maps and directions.