This is the program guide for Summer Fetish Fair Fleamarket® 49. It should be suitable for use on most browsers and devices. It is an instance of KonOpas, an open-source project providing conventions with easy-to-use mobile-friendly guides.
This guide will work in your browser even when you do not have an internet connection.
You can also install it as a home screen app
- Safari on iPhone/iPad
- Tap on (share), then tap Add to Home Screen.
- Chrome on Android
- Tap on (menu), then tap Add to Home Screen.
- Firefox on Android
- Tap on (menu), then tap Bookmark and select Options, and Add to Home Screen.
- IE on Windows Phone
- Tap on (menu), then tap Pin to Start
Summer Fetish Fair Fleamarket® 49
Saturday, August 19, 2017
- Org Chart
- Grid for Saturday
- What is the Fetish Fair Fleamarket?
- The Fetish Fair Fleamarket, also known as The Flea, happens twice a year in the Winter and Summer.
The Summer Flea is one of the largest leather/fetish shopping events in New England. In addition to
browsing hundreds of items offered by some of the top vendors and craftspeople in the country, we
offer a full programming track with short demonstrations on a variety of kinky related skills, practice
lounges, boot blacking and more. Community organizations are invited to table for free, space limited.
- Who comes to the Fetish Fair Fleamarket?
- Our events draw a very diverse group of attendees with people of many genders, orientations, lifestyles, abilities, ages, kinks, fetishes, and interests. The Flea is the first kink event for many of our attendees, and every attempt is made to keep our event an open, inclusive, educational and fun environment.
- Where is the event held?
- Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel, 181 Boston Post Road West, Marlborough, MA 01752
- What is the date/time?
- FFF #49– Saturday, August 19, 2017, 11 am - 5 pm
- Can I stay at the hotel?
- You can, however, we are using the convention space only. This is not a hotel takeover and we do not offer any discounted rooms or room blocks.
- What can I expect at the Summer Flea?
- Over 30 vendors and craftspeople will fill the convention area with an array of fetish wear, kink toys, books, BDSM gear and more. There will be a programming track participants with a full day of kink demonstrations, naked yoga, practice lounges, as well as our service station featuring boot blacking and foot massage by donation, the proceeds of which are given to a local charity.
- How do I get a ticket?
- Cash at the door, $10 per person, $5 for NELA Associates. There is an ATM on site.
- When is vending open? Which vendors will be there?
- Vending is open 11 am - 5 pm. Expected vendors will be listed on our website as approved.
- When is the programming?
- Kinky Demos and Lounges scheduled throughout the day starting at 11:30 am. See the Schedule Grid and Demo & Lounge Descriptions for more info
- Do you need volunteers?
- YES! The Fetish Fair Fleamarket is completely run by volunteers. If you would like to learn more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please review NELA's FFF Rules to help ensure a great time for all!
- Program Book
CASH ONLY at the summer FFF: ATM ONSITE
General Public: $ 10
NELA Associates: $ 5
View Larger Map
- Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
- Friday, 08/18/2017 — Saturday 8/19/2017
- $119/night + taxes
- Opening May 15th
- Location Information:
- Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
181 Boston Post Road West
Marlborough, MA 01752
- All events and functions are held here.
- Reservations may be made via Rooming List or by Individual Call In on or before Friday August 7, 2017. Individual reservations must be canceled 24 hours prior to arrival for deposit to be refunded.
- Free parking is available. Please carpool!
- Check-in time: 4:00pm - Additional charges may apply for early check-in.
- Check-out time: 11:00am - Additional charges may apply for late check-out.
- Disabled access rooms available: please contact hotel by phone or email
VendorsClick for the Map
The New England Leather Alliance would like you to be aware of the following Rules of Conduct for the FFF:
Violation of any of these rules may be reason for ejection from event areas without refund.
- Playing/scenes or any sexual activity in public is prohibited. Restrooms are considered public areas. Exposure of any bodily fluids or effluence, whether through sexual contact, piercing/cutting, soiled diaper changing, or other forms of play, is prohibited in all public areas.
- You may briefly try out items for sale on yourself if you have permission from the vendor, provided you do not violate the previous rule.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the hotel or event facilities. When smoking outside, please be courteous to others.
- Food/drink is prohibited in vending areas.
- Admission price is good for entry to all vending areas and classes for the day(s) that you purchased.
- You must keep your wristband on at all times. Broken wristbands are void and cannot be used for entry.
- Classes are first-come, first-serve to the limit of the room. Do Not enter a room that has a sign posted that it is full.
- This is an 18+ event. All minors will be refused entry, including infants.
- Live animals and non-human pets are prohibited, with the exception of service animals.
- Please respect the privacy of others. What you see here, stays here.
Cell Phone Policy
- Cell phone use in public areas (anywhere outside of private hotel rooms) is discouraged, cell phones with uncovered camera lenses are strictly prohibited.
- Classroom, lounges, socials, events: No visible or audible cell phones permitted.
- Play Party: No cell phones, period.
- Cell phones may be used in public spaces, including vending areas, specifically hallways, restaurants, lobby, elevator, etc - provided that the lens for any camera on the device is visibly covered and blocked from use. Absolutely no photography is permitted, unless you are an authorized and badged event photographer.
- Any one observed using a cell phone in a public space will be subject to having staff and/or security checks to be sure cameras are covered and that no photos have been taken. Violation of our No Photography Policy and Covered Lens on Cell Phones can result in being removed from the event, and possibly banned from all future NELA events, as well as legal action being taken against the violator.
The Fetish Fair Fleamarket® does not allow nudity. We have always stressed courtesy and appropriate dress in public areas. "Sidewalk Friendly" attire is required, which is not the same as "street legal." "Legal" means a thong and pasties - we have always required a bit more to insure the comfort of all attendees. In all public areas, no bare butt cheeks, and no bare breasts or breasts covered only in Liquid Latex, this includes having your breast/butt covered by something sheer or see-through and nothing else under it.
FFF Private Event and Party Policy
- Private events (any event, party or other activity not specifically sanctioned by NELA or the FFF) shall be kept inside the guest rooms with doors leading to the hall kept closed, and shall not impede/ block any hallway, fire escape or flow of foot traffic.
- Locations of private events within the host or overflow hotel may not be publicly advertised by any means. This includes online, at tables of vendors/organizations or elsewhere on hotel property.
- Please invite people to your event by direct invitation only. Violation of this policy may be reason for terminating the party or ejection from event areas without refund.
- Attendees and Vendors are prohibited from taking pictures or video in any public area of the venue. Public areas are "Any area in the hotel that is not a private hotel room".
- The FFF respects your privacy. However, recall that you are at a public event and you are your own best protection. FFF Productions, NELA, our host hotels, and our partner sponsoring groups and producers will not be liable in the event that your picture is taken.
- Please note that there will be some authorized photographers present at this event. You should be aware of them if you do not want to appear in any picture. All authorized photographers will have a badge that they will display at all times, and they are instructed to obtain your explicit permission before taking any photograph (even if your face is obscured). These are the only photographers allowed.
- Camera phones and video phones are everywhere but we’re asking you not to use them or any other camera in public space. Reports of your unauthorized photography or recording of any kind will result in your being removed from the event without refund.
- It is proper procedure for authorized photographers to ask first before taking a photo. Harassing attendees for photos is forbidden. If someone pressures you for a photo, or takes an unauthorized photo “on the sly” please report it to us immediately. If you think you have been photographed without your consent, you have the right to demand the film from the photographer or to check their digital files and delete the ones you are in.
- If a photographer asks you to pose for a photo and you agree, be sure to sign a photo release form.
- Attendees entering into agreements to be photographed privately are strongly encouraged to check the references of the person they are dealing with, to have someone they know and trust with them during any private photo shoot, and to resolve all issues of compensation and the rights to the images before beginning a private photo shoot.
- Members of the media are welcome at our event, but we ask that you obtain a press pass from us and that you follow certain rules as pertain to our attendees privacy and comfort.
- The Fetish Fair Fleamarket has been making headlines since 1992. Among the newspapers and periodicals that have featured us: Houston Press, Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Tip Out Magazine, Boston Phoenix, Stuff @ Night, Creative Loafing, The Improper Bostonian, The Lawrence Eagle-Tribune, and Bay Windows. Almost every newspaper in the northeast carried an Associated Press Wire story about the event in 2000. Event creator and director Cecilia Tan has spoken about the fleamarket with WEEI radio’s Dennis and Callahan, on WFXT TV, and WFNX radio, among others.
- To get on the press list/guest list for an upcoming event, Contact Us to make your request. Include what publication or media organization you represent, and we will follow up by email. We can discuss if you have any needs. We can help you find interview subjects, explain jargon, and much more.
- When you arrive, check in at our main desk to get a press/photo pass (which you must wear) and sign a release of liability. You can also pick up the class schedule and other important information there.
- No Video Cameras in Public Space - Because of privacy concerns, no video cameras are allowed in event areas. We have had videographers on site in private rooms before, taping interview subjects in private. You may make these kinds of arrangements with us in advance.
- Signed Releases Are Required - You must provide your own release forms to your models.
- You must display your media badge at all times.
- Still-photography is allowed only of individuals who have consented to being photographed and who have signed a release. No crowd shots, no bystanders in the shot. If anyone thinks you took their picture (even if their face was not in it) without their consent, the image must be deleted or destroyed.
- No Blocking Traffic or Interference - Photographers, please be considerate when stopping to take photos in hallways where you might be blocking the flow of traffic or in vendor booths where you may be interfering with people’s business.